Located a short walk away from the heart of the charming village of Franschhoek and set against the backdrop of the bucolic Middagkrans Mountains, Auberge Daniella is a quaint haven of comfort and authentic French country charm. This elegantly restored Victorian homestead comprises three luxurious self-catering apartments, each individually styled, spacious and equipped with all the comforts of a home away from home. A sunny veranda and deck, with breath-taking views of the majestic vineyard-clad Drakenstein Mountains, spill out of the homestead and provide an idyllic space to simply relax, sip on a sundowner or enjoy an al fresco meal. An azure splash pool, set in the tranquil enclosed garden, offers a welcome respite after a long day exploring the multitude of shops, vineyards, historic sites and restaurants that adorn one of South Africa’s most desirable destinations. Ideal for a romantic weekend getaway, business trip or languid holiday, Auberge Daniella is sure to make your visit to this alluring corner of the Cape Winelands a lasting memory. Continental Breakfast basket included.Suites
Auberge Daniella offers guests three well-appointed apartments: The La Cotte and Huguenot Suites make up the homestead whilst the Lavender Cottage is opposite the swimming pool. All of the suites overlook the garden and swimming pool and have access to the main road. Large dining rooms lead into the spacious lounge areas for easy entertaining. The kitchenettes have been equipped to the highest standard for the occasional night in. The comfortable bedrooms are fitted with queen size beds dressed with fine Egyptian cotton and en suite bathrooms. Air-conditioning is found in the bedrooms and lounge areas for the hot summer months and can be altered to heating for the colder winter months.
- Fast, free unlimited wireless internet access
- DSTV satellite television
- Fridge, hob, oven, microwave and all other basic kitchen equipment and amenities.
- Coffee and Tea making facilities
- Swimming pool with loungers
- Al fresco dining area
- Laundry Service (upon request)
- Housekeeping Service (upon request)
A quaint, quiet town, yet so much to do… Here are a few of our suggestions:
- Take a stroll up old Cat se Pad‚ walking trail.
- Enjoy a bottle of wine at the top of the Franschhoek Pass and watch the sun go down.
- Experience wine tasting on horseback.
- Enjoy a morning with Professor Rust and learn about the heritage and the flora of the valley.
- Play golf at Pearl Valley, a Jack Nicklaus Signature Course.
- Drop off the top of the pass and paraglide down to the village.
- Dine al fresco at one of the many street cafés.
- Take a helicopter ride and see the valley from a different perspective.
- Hire a mountain bike and go cycling in the mountains surrounding the valley.
- Hike to the top of Du Toit’s Kop.
- Pick up a permit and map at the Information Centre and explore the Mont Rochelle Reserve.
- Hop on the Franschhoek Wine tram and visit a collection of wineries within the village.
- Enjoy the La Petite Ferme cellar tour hosted every morning at 11am (by appointment).
- Watch the chocolatiers at Huguenot Fine Chocolates in action making their fine confections (Tours can be arranged).
- Learn the art of bread making at Moreson (winter months only).
- Boschendal, Warwick and Solms-Delta offer the perfect picnic spots for those hot lazy summer afternoons.
- Enjoy the fresh local produce every Saturday morning at the Village Market.
- Visit Franschhoek Tourism to arrange wine tours or book any other activities.
- From Cape Town International Airport
- On Settlers Way/N2 from Borcherds Quarry Rd
- Take Kuils River Rd/R300 and N1 to R44.
- Take exit 47 from N1
- Drive to R45 in Franschhoek
- Turn right onto R44
- Turn left toward R45
- Continue straight onto R45
- Turn right to stay on R45
- Auberge Daniella will be on the left.
Follow us on your favourite social media platforms: Instagram | Twitter | Google + | Face Book | Linkedin and stay in touch with our special offers, new properties addition and useful information about our destinations.