Take a step back in time at the gracious and historic Kirkman’s Kamp. The original homestead of Harry Kirkman has been beautifully restored; the 18 charming suites overlook the bushveld and beautiful lawns surround the lodge and swimming pool, with spectacular views of the unspoiled landscape surrounding the Sand River.
The moment you walk into the main guest area at Kirkman’s Kamp you’ll think you’ve been transported back in time. The fact that the lawn has warthog grazing on it instead of a neatly dressed party playing croquet does nothing to dispel this illusion; in fact, it all adds to the ambiance of this 1920s South African homestead.
Impeccable and gracious service completes the old world atmosphere, as the spirit of safari comes alive at this evocative camp, set in one of the most renowned wildlife regions in the world.
- Day and night game drives, walking safari and bush walks
- Historic atmosphere of authentic 1920s Transvaal homestead
- One of the best loved lodges in the Sabi Sand and perfect for all travellers – families and children welcome
- Imbued with the history of Harry Kirkman
- Relaxed and social family atmosphere
- Famed for leopard sightings
- Big Five game reserve shares unfenced borders with the Kruger National Park, traversing 6 300 hectares (15 000 acres)
- Summer (October-April)
Min 24°C/75°F Max 32 C
- Winter (May-September)
Winter: Min 8°C/46°F Max 23°C/73°F
- The hot, lush summer is perfect for baby animals. Winter ushers in cooler days and cold nights. The bush thins for great game viewing.
- Best time to travel – All year round; best game viewing from March to October.
- Recommended for Children – Yes, this lodge is ideal for families.
- Guest Safety – The lodge is not fenced off and they request guests be extremely vigilant at all times.
- Lodge Amenities – Private verandas, swimming pool, open-air boma
- Languages – Afrikaans, English, isiNdebele, isiXhosa, isiZulu, and Sepedi.
- Wildlife – Leopard, elephants, lions, the rare pangolin and more.
- Currency – South Afrian Rand (ZAR)
- Capacity – 18 Rooms, 36 guests maximum
- Interpretive game viewing
- Most prestigious game park in South Africa
- Amazing leopard sightings
- Follow nocturnal wildlife on exhilarating spot lit night drives
Enter the mythical Sabi Sand, home to the best interpretive safari on the planet. Pure Big 5 country and the ultimate luxury safari lodges.
Bookings|Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Mobile:+27 76 629 2638 |Twitter:@ambienz_