Morukuru Farm House is a safari-chic take on the traditional African farm homestead, offering the perfect private setting for families and larger groups.
Located on the other side of the mountain within the Morukuru property, the five-suite Morukuru Farm House is an oasis, surrounded by luscious green lawns, and set within a 100-hectare fenced-in safe area which is home to general game, so kids can play and roam at will, and guests may have the freedom to walk and explore.
Furnished by well-known South African interior designer, Sumari Krige, the Farm House is unpretentious yet stylish, with bespoke items produced by local artists and craftsmen in a neutral palette. The overall sense is kick-off-shoes and curl-up-on-the-couch comfort.
Morukuru Farm House in the Madikwe Game Reserve is booked on exclusive use basis and is inclusive of all meals, drinks, activities, private vehicle, private guide and tracker, private chef, butler and general staff.Accommodation & Facilities
- The Farm House can accommodate 10 guests
- The 5 double suites are bright and airy and each of them has an en suite bathroom with beautiful glass doors and windows that open out onto the bush
- Tastefully decorated with amusing pieces of carefully selected furniture and items, making this house one of a kind
- Morukuru Farmhouse includes all the same features as found at Owner’s House and River House, but with a modern “new bush” design and amazing green eco settings
- Farm House is also booked under the famous Morukuru Freedom concept – sole use & fully inclusive basis
- Pool, wine cellar, open kitchen, lounge, dining room, courtyards, dining gardens and fireplace, this private house has been built with “Green” in mind and is perfect for families and small groups of friends
Situated in the Madikwe Game reserve which is located in the North West Province of South Africa. The reserve covers over 75.000 hectares, offering guests a premier safari and wildlife experience. It is a malaria-free reserve and one of the biggest game reserves in South Africa. It can be found between the Botswana border and the area made famous by the South African writer Herman Charles Bosman called the Groot Marico.
Madikwe is a Big 5 reserve (top 10). Its extensive grass plains are home to game such as Gemsbok and Springbok and over 340 species of birds. The rich diversity of vegetation ensures a wide range of game and wildlife as well as a terrain and topography that offer ideal game viewing and photographic opportunities.
- The climate is typified by hot summers (September to April) and cool dry winters (May to August).
- Summer: 25˚C (77˚F) – 40˚C (104˚F) and Winters: 3˚C (38˚F) – 23˚C (73˚F)
- Classed as a semi-arid region, rainfall amounts to about 500mm (19.5inches) per year, with most of the rain falling in the summer months.
Madikwe Game reserve is malaria free. No Malaria medication is necessary for your stay at any of the Morukuru Family private houses, but they do advise the use of insect repellent.
Morukuru Family is entirely centered on guest experience and delighting them. They are able to offer the following activities:
- Game drives
- Bush walks (children under 16 will have bush walks on non big five private Morukuru Family property)
- Fun outdoor mini-adventures like supervised exploring for junior guests
- Romantic starlit sleepovers at the double-storey bird hide for adults
- Creative meal settings and options like bush breakfasts, pizza picnics, candle-lit dinners and memorable barbeques at the riverside
- Local dancers from the nearby Molatedi village which are a firm favourite
- Massages from their onsite therapists.
Morukuru Family is extremely child friendly as we welcome children of all ages. They have based their whole ethos around hosting families or groups of close friends. Their junior guests are allowed on game drives throughout the Madikwe Game Reserve and are able to enjoy every magical aspect of being on safari with their parents. Their children receive a Morukuru Kidz Backpack filled with Safari treasures. They offer the service of a Nanny for those parents that wish to have a little time to themselves allowing them to relax knowing their children are being cared for. Children are kept busy with baking, kiddie-adventures, swimming, fishing and much more.
Their chefs are meticulously trained and can provide a wide array of catering options from traditional, formal and nouvelle cuisine to utterly relaxed and casual snacks on demand and everything in between. They encourage their guests to eat al fresco as much as their beautiful African weather allows and believe that every meal is an occasion. Guests are also able to personally select wines from their wine cellar to accompany and compliment their meals.
They encourage all their guests to complete their Wish List. Morukuru arranges special deliveries for all guests according to their personal wishes noted on their Wish List. Your wish is their command.
Follow us on your favourite social media platforms: Instagram | Twitter | Google + | Face Book | Linkedin and stay in touch with our special offers, new properties addition and useful information about our destinations.