Tucked under the leafy canopy of an ancient Morukuru tree (Tamboti Tree), on the banks of the Marico River, lies the perfectly decadent, ultra luxurious Morukuru Owner’s House, home away from home. Ideal for honeymooners, couples or a small family.
Nestled in the Morukuru Trees, surrounded by decks and balconies, Morukuru Owner’s House offers plenty of peaceful nooks to hide off alone, or to gather for wonderful al fresco meals. Whether reclining together by the infinity pool, or alone in your private elevated sala, or just lying in bed with the doors wide open, the combination of dappled shade, and the sound of nature is deeply restorative.
Morukuru Owner’s House in the Madikwe Game Reserve is booked on exclusive use basis and is inclusive of all meals, drinks, activities, private vehicle, private guide and tracker, private chef, butler and general staff.Accommodation & Facilities
- Owner’s House can accommodate 4 guests in two spacious, beautifully appointed en-suite king sized bedrooms
- The suites consist of sumptuous bathrooms, indoor and outdoor showers, fireplace for chilly nights and private wooden balconies in the green canopy of the trees
- Owner’s House is fully air-conditioned and also offers the option of ceiling fans, there are guest safes, home office facilities and an impressive digital entertainment system
- The very stylish centre of the Owners House includes an elegant dining room, a plush lounge and a fully equipped private kitchen from where all their catering is done and to which the guests are welcome to a constant supply of snacks, teas and coffees
- State of the art Wine Cellar featuring some of South Africa’s greatest estate wines
- An outdoor bath under the starlit sky for those favouring a more intrepid style of bathing
- A heated pool and private outdoor sala where guests can relax or savour romantic lantern lit dinners
Situated in the Madikwe Game reserve which is located in the North West Province of South Africa. The reserve covers over 75.000 hectares, offering guests a premier safari and wildlife experience. It is a malaria-free reserve and one of the biggest game reserves in South Africa. It can be found between the Botswana border and the area made famous by the South African writer Herman Charles Bosman called the Groot Marico.
Madikwe is a Big 5 reserve (top 10). Its extensive grass plains are home to game such as Gemsbok and Springbok and over 340 species of birds. The rich diversity of vegetation ensures a wide range of game and wildlife as well as a terrain and topography that offer ideal game viewing and photographic opportunities
- The climate is typified by hot summers (September to April) and cool dry winters (May to August).
- Summer: 25˚C (77˚F) – 40˚C (104˚F) and Winters: 3˚C (38˚F) – 23˚C (73˚F)
- Classed as a semi-arid region, rainfall amounts to about 500mm (19.5inches) per year, with most of the rain falling in the summer months.
Madikwe Game reserve is malaria free. No Malaria medication is necessary for your stay at any of the Morukuru Family private houses, but they do advise the use of insect repellent.
Morukuru Family is entirely centered on guest experience and delighting them. They are able to offer the following activities:
- Game drives
- Bush walks (children under 16 will have bush walks on non big five private Morukuru Family property)
- Fun outdoor mini-adventures like supervised exploring for junior guests
- Romantic starlit sleepovers at the double-storey bird hide for adults
- Creative meal settings and options like bush breakfasts, pizza picnics, candle-lit dinners and memorable barbeques at the riverside
- Local dancers from the nearby Molatedi village which are a firm favourite
- Massages from their onsite therapists.
Morukuru Family is extremely child friendly as we welcome children of all ages. They have based their whole ethos around hosting families or groups of close friends. Their junior guests are allowed on game drives throughout the Madikwe Game Reserve and are able to enjoy every magical aspect of being on safari with their parents. Their children receive a Morukuru Kidz Backpack filled with Safari treasures. They offer the service of a Nanny for those parents that wish to have a little time to themselves allowing them to relax knowing their children are being cared for. Children are kept busy with baking, kiddie-adventures, swimming, fishing and much more.
Their chefs are meticulously trained and can provide a wide array of catering options from traditional, formal and nouvelle cuisine to utterly relaxed and casual snacks on demand and everything in between. They encourage their guests to eat al fresco as much as their beautiful African weather allows and believe that every meal is an occasion. Guests are also able to personally select wines from their wine cellar to accompany and compliment their meals.
They encourage all their guests to complete their Wish List. Morukuru arranges special deliveries for all guests according to their personal wishes noted on their Wish List. Your wish is their command.
Follow us on your favourite social media platforms: Instagram | Twitter | Google + | Face Book | Linkedin and stay in touch with our special offers, new properties addition and useful information about our destinations.