Phinda Forest Lodge
The designers have created a calming atmosphere of Zulu Zen. And there’s no need to worry about the privacy of your retreat – in spite of the floor to ceiling glass walls, the towering torch wood trees and fertile forest floor that surround your suite ensure a sense of seclusion.
Set in rare and beautiful sand forest, the glass walls of Phinda Forest Lodge offer a sweeping view of one of the most unique ecosystems on the planet. Phinda Forest Lodge is one of the world’s first eco designed luxury lodges. Floor to ceiling windows invite the forest in but the dense canopy provides privacy. The dainty forms of dwarf forest antelope dart among and below the suites, raised on stilts to float between the sandy forest floor and the leafy canopy above. Waking up to rustling forest sounds and bird song, surrounded by delicate leaf-filtered light, a pervading sense of peace and calm will set the tone for your entire day.”
- Day and night game drives, walking safari and river cruises
- Sensitively constructed in rare sand forest
- Tiny duiker and suni antelope graze between and under the stilted glass suites
- Contemporary Zulu Zen style; secluded bliss, tucked away from the rest of the world
- Phinda Adventures – Zulu village tours, Maputaland beach adventures, night turtle drives, scuba safaris, black rhino tracking on foot, swimming with whale sharks, whale watching
- Specialist Safaris – birding, photographic, rhino capture and research, tracking, walking, family and private safaris
- Summer (October-April) Daytime temperatures above 35˚C / 95˚F
- Winter (May-September) Night-time temperature rarely drops below 10˚C / 50˚F
- Lush and hot in summer, with many young animals. Winter thins out the vegetation and cools things down for the best game viewing.
- Best time to travel – All year round; best game viewing from March to end of September.
- Recommended for Children – Children are welcome.
- Guest Safety – The lodge is not fenced off and they request guests be extremely vigilant at all times.
- Lodge Amenities – Air-conditioned glass suites, rim-flow swimming pool, interactive kitchen, open-air dining.
- Languages – Afrikaans, English, isiNdebele, isiXhosa, isiZulu, and Sepedi.
- Wildlife – Cheetah, White & Black Rhino, Nyala Antelope, and more.
- Currency – South Afrian Rand (ZAR)
- Capacity – 16 Rooms, 32 guests maximum
Bookings|Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Mobile:+27 76 629 2638 |Twitter:@ambienz_