Like the water lily from which it takes its inspiration, Xaranna Lodge in the Okavango Delta Camp nestles deep in the heart of the watery wonderland that makes up the Okavango Delta. Reachable only by boat during the high water season, this intimate camp with only nine tents offers an exclusive experience steeped in the wonder and magic of this extraordinary ecosystem.
Float gently along clear, intricate channels and explore the myriad islands of the Delta from the light and airy base of this ethereal camp. Reminders of the local wildlife are all around – sprawl among the hippos and crocs sewn on your comfy bean bag or kiss a couple of frogs lounging on lily pad shaped cushions!
A Day At Xarrana Okavango Delta Camp
- MORNING GAME DRIVE – As dawn breaks over the African bush, a gentle tap on your door will wake you to the delights of a new day. Your guide will discuss what you hope to see that day over fragrant tea or coffee and morning biscuits or rusks. Explore the floodplains and grasslands of the Delta in search of the Big Five.
- BREAKFAST – Return to the camp for a delicious breakfast, with platters of fruit and cheese followed by a selection of hot breakfast dishes. Choose from eggs, oats, waffles or a number of other options.
- LUNCH – If you wish, you can walk off your breakfast on a short walk near the camp, accompanied by your guide, who will share his insight into the smaller animals and vegetation in the area. Lunch is served in spacious guest areas with classic Delta views.
- AFTERNOON TEA – Cool off with a refreshing dip in the camp’s pool or indulge in an afternoon siesta. Then enjoy a decadent tea before you embark on your afternoon adventure.
- AFTERNOON BOAT RIDE – Explore the crystal clear channels of the Delta on a mokoro or in a motorised boat. Dozens of bird species, frogs and other intimate details of the Delta lie waiting to be explored at eye level.
- DINNER – Return to the camp for a mouthwatering dinner under African skies.
Bookings|Email: email@example.com | Mobile:+27 76 629 2638 |Twitter:@ambienz_